Call for Entries
2018 DECEMBER JURIED SHOW
State of the Art Gallery
Exhibit Dates: December 5 - December 29
Up to $600 may be awarded at the discretion of the prize judge.
Submission Deadline: November 4, 5 pm
. All media will be considered except photography (which will be considered for the Annual Photo Show in March).
• Each entrant may submit up to three (3) works.
• All work must be original.
• The work should not have been submitted to State of the Art Gallery in the past.
• Current State of the Art members and their immediate families are not eligible to exhibit in this show.
• The Entry Fee of $35.00 is non-refundable and does not guarantee that your work will
be accepted into the show.
• The Entry Fee can be paid by PayPal
or by check made out to: State of the Art Gallery, postmarked by November 4, 2018 and mailed to:
Mary Ann Bowman
• Work will not be accepted after the stated deadlines.
SUBMISSION OF WORK
Please e-mail your entries to: Mary Ann Bowman
Please include the following:
• Contact Information: List the Artist's Name, Address, phone number, and e-mail address simply typed out in the body of the e-mail, no pdf or special formatting.
• Images of up to three (3) works may be submitted. They must be jpegs at 150 ppi, between 800 and 1200 pixels on the long side and labeled with the artist’s name, followed by the image number 01, 02 or 03. (example: m.bowman01.jpg, m.bowman02.jpg)
• An image list (Filename, Title, Size, Medium, Price) must also be submitted with all entries. Please type into the email directly, no pdf or special formatting
• If submitting by e-mail is problematic, please send a CD with your fee and all information as outlined above. CD’s cannot be returned.
ACCEPTED WORK: Deadline and Notifications
• All entries must be received by 5pm Sunday, Nov. 4, 2018 and will be jury-reviewed by Friday, November 9.
• e-mail notification of results will be sent by November 10-11, 2018.
• The exhibit will be curated by members of the gallery. After installation a Judge from outside the gallery will determine prizes and how the prize money will be distributed. Winners may be notified privately prior to the opening reception so that they may plan to attend the award ceremony. The awards will be presented at 6:30pm during the opening reception Friday, December 7, 2017.
DELIVERY of ACCEPTED WORK to THE GALLERY
• The work, ready for hanging, must be delivered to the gallery in person or by a designated substitute on:
Sunday, DECEMBER 2 between noon and 5 pm; or
Monday, DECEMBER 3 between 1 and 4 pm.
• Work cannot be accepted after 4pm Monday as installation of the show begins shortly after.
• Work may not be shipped or mailed to the gallery.
The gallery retains the right to deny access to the show if the images delivered are substantially different from those submitted to the jury.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submissions to the DECEMBER JURIED SHOW shall imply an agreement on the part of the artists to all conditions of this prospectus. Permission for State of the Art Gallery to photograph accepted works for publicity, education, and reference purposes is assumed.
Sale of the work is encouraged. Work will be offered for sale with the understanding that there is a 30% commission for each sale. Work that is sold during the show should remain on display until the end of the show. Exceptions may be made for sales to out of town buyers.
While State of the Art Gallery, its members and agents will make every effort to protect
your work, we cannot indemnify you against loss or damage to your work. In submitting to
the show you agree that State of the Art Gallery is not liable and must be held harmless if
your work is damaged or lost.
PICK-UP of ART at the END of the SHOW
• All works must be retrieved personally by artists or designated associates on:
Saturday, December 29 from noon-5pm
Sunday, December 30 from 1-3
• Please understand that the gallery has no facility to store your work.
November 4, 2018, 5pm. Deadline for all entries.
November 10-11, 2018 Notification of acceptance/rejection.
December 2, 2018 Delivery of works 12-5 pm
December 3, 2018 Delivery of works 1-4 pm
December 5, 2018 Exhibit opens
December 7, 2918 Opening Reception 5-8 pm
December 7, 2018 Awards ceremony 6:30 pm
December 29, 2018 Exhibit closes
December 29, 2018 Pick up work noon-5 pm
December 30. 2018 1-3 pm